Last Updated on November 20, 2023 by GeeksGod
Microsoft Program for graduates
Microsoft Research Fellowship Opportunity 2023: Microsoft Turing team is inviting applications for Research fellow position. This is a 1-year position extendible by another year, where the fellows can work on cutting edge problems in Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and large-scale engineering. The program will expose the fellows to both applied research and software engineering. There will be opportunities to publish at top conferences as well as productize the inventions.
The Turing team offers extensive training to the RFs with a focus on the three critical areas of skill building: engineering mentorship, research mentorship, and communication/storytelling. Together, the program addresses many important topics such as:
- Tech Industry Effectiveness and Career Development: Team culture/philosophy, leveraging Microsoft resources, core competencies for research and engineering, setting short/medium-term career goals.
- Engineering Skills: Development environment setup, Code reviewing, collaborative coding, designing code for testability, how to build a product, product lifecycle, software architecture, benchmarking, etc.
- Research Skills: Paper presentation and discussion, brainstorming ideas, research philosophies, paper writing and reviewing, mentoring with graduate studies application process (for interested fellows).
- Communication: Storytelling, presentation, public speaking, panel discussion, inclusive and productive meetings, influencing for impact, Writing effective emails, Networking
|Microsoft Research Fellowship Opportunity 2023 for 2020| 2021 | 2022 & 2023 Batch
|Applications are invited from candidates with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a major in Computer science, Electrical, or Electronics engineering, and other related fields. The candidate should have completed their undergraduate degree no earlier than 2020. Candidates should possess:
|Per hour –
|Postal code :
About the team: Microsoft Research Fellowship Opportunity 2023
Microsoft Turing works on large neural models for text and multimodal processing, and building products for Bing, Office and other divisions of Microsoft based on these models. It is a diverse and inclusive team of engineers and applied scientists working on various aspects of generative AI, from model training and application building to large-scale systems engineering, model optimization, and responsible AI.
Culture: With RFs from Microsoft Research Lab India and other product divisions of Microsoft in the same premises, Turing RFs will get to interact with a competent and vibrant peer group of 70+ other fellows. They will also be able to attend talks by eminent scientists, interact with the top researchers and engineers at Microsoft, and from all over the world, who visit the lab. There are common social and cultural activities as well as common mentoring sessions (such as on scientific writing or engineering skills) that the fellows will be able to participate in. Check out this podcast by Shruti Rijhwani, one of our ex-RF, with Dr. Vivek Sheshadri from MSR India, on the program. E
Eligibility Criteria for Microsoft Research Fellowship Opportunity 2023
Applications are invited from candidates with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree with a major in Computer science, Electrical, or Electronics engineering, and other related fields. The candidate should have completed their undergraduate degree no earlier than 2020. Candidates should possess:
- Strong programming skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of Machine learning, Deep Learning, and Natural Language Processing.
- A keen interest in both applied research and engineering.
Responsibilities for Microsoft Research Fellowship Opportunity 2023
Research fellows are expected to work closely with their mentors and other team members on projects on various aspects of Large Language Models and their applications and contribute towards product development as well as model building. The position is based out of Bangalore, India, and the candidate is expected to relocate to Bangalore.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Educational resources
- Discounts on products and services
- Savings and investments
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Generous time away
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
|Join Telegram Group [90,000 + Members ]
|Join WhatsApp Group [Tech News Group]
|Join WhatsApp Group [Off campus drives]
|Join WhatsApp Group [Internship drives]
|Join For Amazon and Flipkart DEALS & OFFERS
- Welcome to GeeksGod Watch out for fake job offers asking for money. Legitimate jobs never charge fees. Trust your instincts and stay safe.