Last Updated on January 24, 2024 by GeeksGod
Recruitment Drive for a backend developer
Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024: As a junior Backend Engineer, you will help grow, improve, and maintain our existing services, as well as shape our future by developing new services for WASSHA. This particular role will involve a heavy focus on owning and modernising our existing systems. This will involve working with and modernising legacy Django code and deployments, as well as creating more automation to improve our existing operations.
|Junior Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024 by Wassha | Work From Home
|Experience Level: Entry level
|Per hour –
|Postal code :
Company Description for Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024
At WASSHA, we light up peoples lives. We aim to help the truly disadvantaged and challenged groups of our society by providing them with affordable options for lighting. You will enable children to study after dark, small stores to stay open longer, and fishermen to improve the size of their catch at night. Our service consists of custom-built third party hardware, in-house systems and third party APIs.
Details for Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024
- Location: Remote (any jurisdiction where you have permission to work)
- Position type: Contract or Full-time
- Job Category: Backend Engineer
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Department: Software Engineering
- Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
- Team Size: ~6 people
You Would Be Interested In the Role If You
- Believe in shipping high quality code that is readable, testable, maintainable, and continuously integrated via small, safe deployments.
- Want to take on the challenge of building interconnected, scaling systems that can function reliably in an environment with intermittent connectivity.
- Want to own and operate backend systems running on EKS in AWS.
- Enjoy collaborating and growing together with your engineering peers.
- Enjoy contributing to positive engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and participating in technical discussions within the team
- Believe in following best practises such as knowledge sharing and data driven decision-making.
Qualifications for Wassha Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024
- A degree in computer science or a relevant field, an interest in API design and development processes, and some understanding of transaction and data processing systems.
- General familiarity with SQL and other database concepts.
- “You build it, you run it” attitude: experience managing services end-to-end, from developing to deploying to monitoring and incident support.
- Passion for working in an agile, cross-functional team, iterating quickly during the product development cycle. Furthermore, the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineering peers.
- Desire to have a positive impact on our users by continuous improvement and optimisation.
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, Bazel, Django and Terraform is a very strong plus.
Additional Information for Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024
The following would give you an edge when evaluating similar candidates.
Additional Language Skills:
- Japanese, we are a Japanese company, and a lot of our knowledge base is still written in Japanese.
- Swahili, French, Portuguese, as our customer base is located in countries using these languages.
Other Skills And Interests: Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024
- Project management
- Product ownership
- Technical product management
- An interest in Africa and a willingness to potentially travel there for business purposes.
*** THIS IS A FULLY REMOTE POSITION AND DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION
Top Website for Job and Internship Updates
Apply now: Click Here (Backend Engineer Jobs for Freshers 2024)