It’s time for Transformation
How to embrace and use the opportunity in the IT industry?
- Change is inevitable
- Modern era digital transformation
- Top trends fueling this transformation
- Why should we transform?
- What should we do?
- How will we benefit?
- What are the opportunities?
- Grab them and build your career…
CHANGE IS INEVITABLE
MODERN ERA DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
- The Connected Home
- Internet of Things
Amazon is the world’s largest online retailer and a prominent cloud service, provider. Its Headquarters is in Seattle, Washington. The company has individual websites software development centers customer-service centers around the world.
Uber to facilitate the essential travel needs of citizens uber travel is very useful.
The Connected Home is networked to enable the interconnections and interoperability of multiple devices, services, and apps ranging from communication and entertainment to security, health-care, and home automation.
Internet of Things is a network of physical objects or ” things” embedded with electronics, software, sensors, and network connectivity, which enables these objects to collect and exchange data.
And so on…
THE TRENDS THAT MADE IT POSSIBLE
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
“you can be inspired .. but watching virat kohli every day won’t make you a great player..hitting the ball will!!”
HOW WILL IT JOBS CHANGE
An Forrester analyst says ” The cloud is accelerating that movement of technology into the business”. The IT jobs most at risk are those focused on configuring and maintaining infrastructure. I don’t see as many job openings for server administrators, single-skilled admins/developers and infra/network people as I saw in the past.
WHAT TOP BUSINESS LEADERS THINK
- willing to Retrain or Replace staff: 62% of the top management executives believe they will need to retrain or replace more than 25% of the workforce between now and 2023 due to advancing automation and digitization.
- Rate re-Skill as a top priority: 82% of executives at companies with more than $100million in annual revenues believe retraining and reskilling must be at least half of the answer to addressing their skills gap.
- Know they are unprepared: The bad news, only 16% of private-sector business leaders in this group feel ” very prepared ” to address potential skills gaps, with roughly twice as many feeling either “somewhat unprepared” or “very unprepared”.
WHAT SHOULD I D0?
- Start learning new technologies such as Cloud, AI/ML, Web Programming, Automation, Analytics, etc.
- Understand business processes and domain
- Learn the fundamentals well
- Prepare yourself qualitative change in the jobs you are doing/you want to be doing
“INVENTION REQUIRES TWO THINGS: THE ABILITY TO TRY A LOT OF EXPERIMENTS, AND NOT HAVING TO LIVE WITH THE COLLATERAL DAMAGE OF FAILED EXPERIMENTS”
KEY POINTS: BECAUSE YOU CAN…
- Build wonderful and innovative things
- Be an entrepreneur
- Transform society through technology
- And do great things
- Stay ahead of the industry trends
- Innovate your technology
- Build a successful career
- Build skills that last for the next decade
WHAT IS ESSENTIAL TO LEARN
Integrity, discipline, values, teamwork, ethics, leadership, creativity, commitment ,positive attitude, empathy, communication, experimentation, networking.
FROM ——————————————————————————————————————> TO
Lagging behind in the career due to lack of skills & knowledge Zooming of confidentiality with the right skills
“everything is designed ,few things are designed well”
ALL THE BEST..