Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
In 2019 alone, we invested a total of over €13.6 million on 809 Government of Ireland Postgraduate scholars across six calls (2013-2019).
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- awards for bottom-up, non-directed research, with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners.
|Call open||3 September 2020|
|FAQ deadline||22 October 2020|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 29 October 2020|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 5 November 2020|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 12 November 2020|
|Call outcome||End of March 2021|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2021|
The programme provides outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest. Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
What we offer
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
How to apply
Potential applicants should read the 2021 Government of Ireland Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
Join Our Groups For Latest Updates
|Join Telegram Group [70,000 + Members ]||Click Here|
|Join WhatsApp Group [Off campus drives]||Click Here|
|Join WhatsApp Group [Internship drives]||Click Here|
Register Now: Click Here (Scholarship)
- HTML CSS Developer Recruitment Drive
- System Engineer Specialist In Infosys | SES Infosys
- Punjab National Bank | PNB SO Recruitment Application Form 2020
- Reliance JIO Is Hiring Graduate Engineer Trainee
- Tata Motors Recruitment process for Non-IIT students
- GitHub Campus Expert | Apply Now
- Microsoft Learn Student Ambassador 2020 | Apply Now
- JetAvi Engineering Hiring Mechanical Engineer Intern
- Junior Management Programs Free Certification
- IBM Python For Data Science | Free Course | Cognitive Class
- Data Analytics Consulting Virtual Internship By KPMG
- Accenture Free Online Courses | Accenture Digital Skills
- JPMorgan Chase Virtual Internship | Software Engineering Internship
- Project Specialist Intern |CISCO Internship Drive 2020